Thursday 28 July 2011

Who's that old guy?: 이병준

 Full disclosure: This guy is my favourite Korean actor. I may be a wee bit super biased.



Name: 이병준 (Lee Byong-Joon / Lee Byeong-Joon)
Birth year: 1964 ( 47 as of 2011)
Where you've probably seen him: Secret Garden, Dream High.


Let's face facts, a lot of Kdramas are filled with pretty young things who can't act very well. It's part of why I love Kdrama so much. It's bloody entertaining.
Lee Byeong-Joon is not one of those people. (That's not to say that he's not handsome. He's not doing too bad for an almost 50 year old.)
Just never have this hair ever again.
The there are two reasons why this guy is amazing.

1. The voice.
    His voice is really deep and is known as 'the voice from God'. Kind of like Morgan Freeman's voice. This man could blather about what he bought at the supermarket today and I would be completely enraptured.

The glory starts at about 20 seconds in.

2. He can make any character likeable.
    It might just be me but when this guy turns up in a drama, I am instantly on his side. I don't care if he's destroying some other person's life or taking over a company. Screw 'em. They suck anyway.


Lee Byeong-Joon is great at playing a bad guy in a way that's just a little over the top. It's not quite cartoony but has so much more zaniness than the rest of the cast.
Sure he can do good guys too but his baddies are where I love him most.

Keep being awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment